Friday, August 24, 2012

What are weddings coming to...?

Just to give a little back story I love EVERYTHING weddings!  To see people in love, family support, the fashion, the food, decor and so on.  I was in the wedding industry for years and want to open my own event design company one day.  I had a BLAST planning my wedding!!! We even had to change our venue days before the wedding took place and as most would be freaked out, I enjoyed the challenge even considered it planning a whole new wedding. I took a lot of pride in my wedding and wanted it to be a reflection on Husband and I!
(photo credits: Cheryl Joy Miner Photography)
 I put a lot of time, energy and money into making it the day of my dreams.  I do know that I was very lucky in that my parents let me have the day of my dreams, I couldn't go bananas but I got most that I wanted.  I know others are not that lucky however please make sure you keep the class in your wedding!
 
There are so many ways to save money, print your invites, make your own decor, ask family and friends to chip in and help out of the kindness of their hearts or as a wedding gift.  I actually used a lot of things from the Dollar Store and used so many coupons that I could!!!!
 
The reason I say this is yesterday I received a Facebook event invite to go to a college friend's wedding! She said the date came up so fast that she forgot to send out invites.  I live a few hours away from where is getting married and since she attended our wedding I feel obligated to attend hers.  So upon reading more in the "event" on Facebook, and I am just amazed at what some people find it acceptable!
 
I know it is just my opinion but isn't that what this is all about? If you are going to basically make fun of a wedding when you are in your mid-twenties you might not be mature enough to get married!  Growing up the way I did my family would never allow something like that and I would never want anything like that.  To each their own and it takes all kinds.  However if you want to have a small casual wedding, go to the courthouse and have a small party after.  At least give a call to your family and friends and let them know what is going on in your life, don't just have them read it on social media. 
Please if you need any tips or advice on saving money while planning any sort of event please please please e-mail before you cut something that is etiquette!
(photo credits: Cheryl Joy Miner Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment