Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cooking

Since I have become a housewife I have been trying to cook more. I think Husband likes it- well I know Husband likes it.  I have also been going out of my meal comfort zone, trying new things.  I haven't been doing anything crazy but new for me. 

My new obsession is looking up recipes on the iPad and having it in the kitchen with me while cooking.  It makes things much easier.  I don't really own any cookbooks and I like being able to look at different variations of different meals. For example I have yet to use jelly in my meatballs but it doesn't sound very good to me! It works well I just have to watch out for the flour.

This week has been a busy week for me cooking!  I think I have used every pot, pan and bowl in our home (we just got married- lots of wedding gifts and I have yet to part with our pre-wedding stuff). I have done dishes like crazy but it has been well worth it.  Here is some of what I have cooked this week:

Monday: Pork loin, rice and veggies
Tuesday: Pizzabake- a great recipe I got from Pillsbury.com
Wednesday: Swedish Meatballs and Egg Noodles
Thursday: Fried Chicken, Rice, Gravy and Veggies

Lots of fun but I have completely over stuffed myself all week.  Might need to start working out or something.  Growing up in the south you can't make anything with out lots of cream and butter! But man oh man it is GOOD!

I can't wait for next week, I have been pinning so many things I want to try soon. !

No comments:

Post a Comment