(photo credits: Cheryl Joy Miner Photography)
(photo credits: Cheryl Joy Miner Photography)
So we did what we had to do...get him better. We started out with some antibiotics, 3 pills 2 times a day! This was crazy he now will not eat a lot of food that he used to love like peanut butter, cheese, cold cuts, etc. We did find that he would take it in a mini-cupcake! Don't worry we only gave him the vanilla ones. This went on for 30 days, once it was over we had a big decision to make... 2-3 more years of that or 3 injections of basically arsenic that will clear it up in a matter of weeks. The main problem we have is either way we have to keep the dog calm. It's just about impossible with a high-energy dog. Poor dog just wants to play!!!!!
The beginning if the week Foster when in for his first shot. He was a little sore and now has to be on some meds for his lungs. The meds make him so thirsty we can't keep water in his bowl and you know what that leads to.... peeing all the time. Foster has always been a great dog and has had one accident in our home in the last 2 years until this morning. It was on my new bedspread! :(
This is going to be a challenging 8 weeks to keep him calm and get him healthy but it will all be worth it. He is such a great dog and Husband and I love him so much our lives would not be the same without him. I will keep you posted on progress and hope that everything goes well.
I often refer to Foster as my "Special Needs Dog" which I think it is giving me a good insight to taking care of a child- I know nothing will prepare me but I like to think that way. He has been a big help on teaching me How to be a housewife!


No comments:
Post a Comment